Monday, February 8, 2010

Honesty

Good afternoon Readers,

Here is what I would like you to ponder today.  Please answer in 3 separate paragraphs (2 sentences minimum for each question).

How important is honesty?

Was it right for Marty to lie to his family, or not?

Do you think it is ever right to lie?  Give an example from your own life or an example of your own about why or why not it is ever right to lie.

Thanks,
Mrs. Springston

12 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs.Springston,
    Honesty is Important and here are a couple reasons why.First honesty is Important because if something bad happened and you lied and somebody told the truth and somebody else took the blam they would never be your friend.Second if you lied to your parents and somebody told the truth then your parents will never believe you again.

    It's not right to lie to his parents and these are some reasons why.First it's not right for Marty to lie to his parents because he going to get used to it and he's going to be in trouble if his parents find out.Second if his parents find out and he keeps on doing things and bad things are happening and he doesn't lie his parents aren't going to believe even though he didn't lie.

    I don't think it is ever right to lie and these are some reasons why.First it's not right to lie because somebody can always ask the other person or somebody first and get the truth and then you lie so they know you lied.Second it's not right to lie because your also going to get used to it and soon enough your not going to want to lie because you got caught.
    Your friend,
    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KJ,

    Can you ever think of a situation where it might be "right" to lie, or the best idea? Or do you think there is NEVER a situation where you should lie?

    Thanks,
    Mrs. Springston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs.springston,
    I think there is never a situation where you should lie.There isn't a situation where you should lie because even if something is serious and somebody got really hurt and you lied that he just cut his leg but he actually broke his leg then who lied to will tell his parents that he got cut and then the kid came home with a broke leg then you would get really in trouble.Second if you did something really bad and you lied to them then your parents found out what you did then you would be in a lot of trouble.
    Your friend,
    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs.S,
    Honesty is very inportirnt because if you are not honest then when you really need help or something like that when you need it they will think you are lieing because you have said it so many of times. I also think that it is vary inportint because you can get in big big big trobble.

    No it was not right for him to lie to his family. Expasly your little sister. Because You probaly can trust her/him.

    I think it might be right to lie if you have to. I lied to my brother when i need to give my mom something or when I do not want to give him something.
    Well here is some things about Honesty.
    Love,Auzurai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mrs.Springston,
    I think that was wrong that Marty lied to his family;expetshly his parents.I also think that Marty feels bad for what he did.

    Second thing I think about honesty.I think that honesty is very important because this is my moto about honesty”You'll feel better if you tell the truth;as long as your not too honest”and to lie you feel like your making a web and it's getting bigger and bigger.

    I don't think that it's right to lie and these are the reason's why. First it's not right to lie because your also going to get used to it and soon enough your not going to want to lie because you got caught.Second,If you lie you'll just end up getting in trouble.

    From Your friend,
    Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ms.S,
    The reason why honesty is imporant because my parents always told me that if you tell a lie you will get in lots trouble.But I think why honesty is imporant because what if some one is in a really hurt you would need to tell the turth even if you did it.I think it was worng for Marty to lie.The reson why it was worng because I bet his parnets would understand and they would help Marty solve it.I think it's okay to lie what I mean in a sition that you need to lie because what about your presonal life.I don't tell people that I don't know really well everything that's happen to me.
    Your friend,
    Cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mrs. S,

    I think honesty is important because by telling the truth you won't get in as much trouble than if you lie. Honesty is the key to having a happy and awesome life.
    Also, Marty really shouldn't have lied to his family because he wouldn't get in as much trouble if he told the truth.

    Your reader,
    Xavier

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Xavier,

    I need you to explain yourself more. Why is honesty the key to having a happy and awesome life?

    Thanks,
    Mrs. S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Mrs. S,

    Honesty is the key to an awesome and happy life because you can always know that people can trust you better. Also, it's the key for numerous reasons.

    Your student,
    Xavier

    ReplyDelete
  10. Xavier -

    You did not answer the last question from the post. Please do so.

    Thanks,
    Mrs. Springston

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Mrs. S,

    I think honesty is important because by telling the truth you won't get in as much trouble than if you lie. Honesty is the key to having a happy and awesome life.
    Also, Marty really shouldn't have lied to his family because he wouldn't get in as much trouble if he told the truth.
    Last, I think that lying is the right thing to do only if your family tells you to or if you want them to be surprised.

    Your reader,
    Xavier

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Group,
    Do you ever think it is O.k to lie that's what I want to know.Like for example let's say your little brother or sister asks if you got him or her something that he or she wants for his or hers birthday,you can't just tell him or her that you did get it then it wouldn't be a surprise then?That is just something I wanted to say.

    From,
    Mariah

    ReplyDelete