Thursday, February 11, 2010

What do you think?

Hi readers,

Marty has a lot of moral dilemmas (tough choices) in this book.  Once again he is faced with another tough decision when he sees Judd shoot the deer in the woods.  What does Marty say to Judd after he sees him shoot the deer?  What do you think of Marty's "deal"?  Was it wrong, was it right, or was just exactly what he needed to do?  Explain your thoughts.

Thanks,
Mrs. Springston

9 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs.Springston,
    I think he is doing the exact right thing to make that deal for him not to tell the game warden for him to keep Shiloh.First I think he's doing the right thing because that's a good deal.That's a good deal because if he tells the warden Judd would probably go to jail and Marty will still have Shiloh and if he doesn't tell the warden he still will get the Shiloh.
    Your friend,
    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KJ,

    But remember he was feeling guilty about "blackmailing" Judd? Do you think he should feel guilty for the trade he is making?

    Thanks,
    Mrs. Springston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs.Springston,
    I think Marty should feel a little bit guilty because he is taking his dog from him.He should also feel guilty because if he's taking his hunting dog away it's just like taking his food away.He should also feel guilty because he's making his own life better and Judd's a little bad.
    Your friend,
    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs.Springston,
    I think he is doing the exact right thing to make that deal for him not to tell the game warden for him to keep Shiloh.First, I think he's doing the right thing well it's good deal.It's a good deal because if he tells the warden Judd would probably go to jail and Marty will still have Shiloh and if he didn't tell he will still keep Shiloh but he would have to work for Judd.I think that Marty feels that blackmailing was wrong but,he did it for a very good reason,to keep Shiloh.I would have done what Marty had do but I would feel bad about.These are my thoughts about this part of the story.

    From,
    Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mrs.S,
    The thing that Marty says after Judd shots the doe is was on my way to see you. I think that Marty's deal is that he won't tell anyone that Judd had killed a doe only if he gives him Shiloh.
    I think that was wrong because Marty is blackmailing.If the deal does work Marty would feel bad blackmailing,but he will feel good that he gets Shiloh.
    Your friend,
    Cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mrs. Springston,
    Marty says to him that I will get the game wardon so he macks a deal with JuddTravers. But he makes sure that he gets Shiloh and not just one ordinary dog.He makes sure that he gets Shiloh for himself and for his family. No it was not right for Marty to black male Judd.But he got Shiloh for himself.




    From,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Ms.S,
    I think Marty is doing the right thing. First, I think if Marty tells on Judd,Judd would go to jail and Marty would still get Shiloh. But,what if Marty did not tell on Judd Marty would still get Shiloh. When judd shoots the deer Marty says you should not be shooting deer out of season.

    Your friend,
    Madison

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mrs.S,
    I think that he did the right thing to make a deal with Judd.
    First, I think that he did the right thing because he got Shiloh. If he told the warden Judd probably would have went to jail or got in big trouble. But I don't think he would have got to keep Shiloh very long because then Judd would have came looking for Marty and Shiloh.I think that when he blackmailed he did it for a good reason. This is my what do you think post.
    Love,
    Auzurai

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Mrs. S,

    Well I think that Marty's deal wasn't very good because of having to work 5 days a week only 2 dollars an hour. That's enough work to make me sleep for 1 day. And Marty can't keep this lie forever. And why doesn't Marty just do all his work and not take the money because Judd already has it. I don't get the point of that.

    Your friend,
    Xavier

    ReplyDelete