Hello Team,
Here are some vocabulary words we came across and discussed while reading On My Honor. Please find the word in the book and look it up in the dictionary if necessary. Then, write a sentence with context clues using the word and underlining it.
jaunt pg. 8
mimicked pg. 15
haphazardly pg. 16
barrage pg. 31
nonchalance pg. 47
embankment pg. 51
trembled pg. 69
simultaneously pg. 78
Thanks,
Mrs. Springston
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Mrs.Springston,
ReplyDeleteHere are the definitions to the vocabulary words.
Jaunt: My sister and I took a jaunt to seven eleven.
mimicked:I mimicked my auntie.
haphazardly:My clothes were scattered haphazardly on my floor.
barrage:My cousin hit a poster with a barrage during the day.
nonchalance:The kid nonchalantly laughed at the girl who got hurt.
embankment:I used an embankment to carrythe road.
trembled:It trembled in the haunted house.
simultaneously:My cousin and I raised our hands simultaneously to answer the question.
Your friend,
KJ
Dear Mrs.S,
ReplyDeletejaunt-I went on a long jaunt to Iowa this year.
mimicked-My brother mimicked me when I sang a song.
haphazardly-I left my toys haphazardly all across the floor.
barrage-I had a barrage of questions when I was done singing at the Rockies game.
nonchalance-I showed nonchalance to my brother overy my spelling test.
embankment-I went down the embankment to my friend's house.
trembled-My mom's hand trembled when she was upset or scared.
simultaneously-My dad simultaneously looked me in the eye when I did something wrong.
Your friend,
Madison
Dear Mrs,S,
ReplyDeleteHere's what the words mean.
1)I trust that you can jaunt to Main Street and then go to the park for a short bike ride on your new red bike.
2)“I'm scared go this far, I am not even aloud to”mimicked John after Sally said that.
3)Sally jumped off her golden bike and ran with her bike haphazardly.
4)John barrage over all the the questions that came to his mind as these questions were asked about.
5)Rose was nonchalance hoping something would happen so she could go home.
6)Lisa embankment then turn her bike home towards the hill.
7)Sally trembled at the thought that her friend was long gone.
8)Tom tried to back up as the teacher simutaneously to him hoping he was telling the truth. Your friend,
Cheyenne
Dear Mrs.S,
ReplyDeleteHere are the vocbulary words.
jaunt pg. 8 “Are you ready to go on this long jaunt?” asked my uncle.
mimicked pg. 15 “Stop” mimicked my little brother.
haphazardly pg.16 The bike was on the chain by there front door sitting up haphazardly.
barrage pg. 31 I When I told my friends i was having a baby sister they were ask me qustions.They were coming at me barragly.
nonchalance pg. 47 I am nonchalance when i get in trouble.
embankment pg. 51 Our car rolled down the embankment
trembled pg. 69 I tremble when I hear a scary story.
simultaneously pg. 78 The teacher simultaneously looked at the kid that was not being good. here are the answers to the words.
Love,
Auzurai
Dear Mrs.Springston,
ReplyDeleteHere are my vocabulary words that you gave me.
First Jaunt.I went on a bumpy confusing jaunt.
Second mimicked.I mimicked him all the way to school.
Third Hapadardely.I had a very bad hphazardly on Sunday to my swimming party.
Fourth barrage.I had a explosion of barrages in my mind but I hated asking.
Fith nonchanalacne.I hate it when Gabriel is so nonchanalance.
6 word embankment.There was a big embankment on broadway that was built there a few days ago.
7th word trembeled.I trembled when I saw a bleeding person on the streets on Sunday morning.
8th word.simultaneously.I simultaneously walked down the street on the way to school while talking to my friend on the phone.
From,
Andrew