Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tough Decisions

Hello Literature Circle B,

We have read about a very poor decision that Joel and Tony made.  Also, Joel has made another bad decision, it seems.  Here is what I want you to reflect on today and respond to in a paragraph: 

Have you ever had to make a tough decision about something?  Maybe something that involved something you knew was wrong?  What decision did you make and why?  Was it the right decision or the wrong one?  Did you get in trouble for making a bad decision or were you rewarded for making the right one?

Thanks,
Mrs. Springston

13 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs.S,
    Here's a story about the time I made a poor decision. I was falling my friend Zoe and we went up a hill that was in our backyard. We saw a bird pool and it was dirty.So we took the top of it to make something.At our townhome we saw a old tramplen and played on it.We broke part of it.The next day our nieghbor found it out.I heard my dad taking on the phone and after that I told him everything that happened.I learned never to mess with a lot of stuff.That's my story.
    Your friend,
    Cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. S,

    I had a big decision when I was 7. My decision was to throw a piece of paper that I put in a candle in the trash can or put in the sink and put water on it. And I chose the bad decision and I chose without thinking about what I was about to do. And my mom's apartment almost caught fire and I did the same thing another time but I did it and I thought what I was going to do again after the first time and I just left it in the candle the second time. And my mom was bursting with anger. When she blew out the candle the second time she told me to go to my room and not come out until it was time for bed. And that's how I got an 18 year grounding from lighters.

    Your friend,
    Xavier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs.S,
    One time I made a good decision. My dad asked me if I did something wrong. I answered the question the right way. My dad knew the truth so when I told him the truth he rewarded me by taking me somewhere. I think Joel should just tell the truth to his parents and the Zabrinsky's about what happened to his friend,Tony. You should always tell the truth to anyone about what happened.

    Your friend,
    Madison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs.Springston,
    I have made a dumb decision and this is it. I went to see a kid fight another and I was supposed to stay at the park and then go home after. Then I had to explain why me and my sister did then we were grounded and couldn't go outside for two weeks.
    Your friend,
    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    Thanks to all of you for your comments. KJ and Xavier - I would like you to tell me what you learned from your decision and the outcome. Madison - What was the bad decision that you made first that led to you making a good decision and telling the truth? Cheyenne - write about a good decision you once made, why, and how you were rewarded.

    Thanks,
    Mrs. Springston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mrs. S,

    I learned that I should never play with fire until I'm an adult. Because I'm only the age of a juvenile. But I now know not to use any thing with fire. I even can't start the fire when my family and I go camping.

    Your friend,
    Xavier

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mrs.Springston,
    I learned that what you say to your parents or anybody you do it and not anything else. Now I know to always do what I say to anybody and not to make another dumb decision like this one.
    Your friend,
    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mrs.S,
    I was first going to say a lie but then my body told me it is not right and that I will get in trouble if I say a lie to my parent.

    Your friend,
    Madison

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mrs.Springston,
    I have yes I have made a bad decisone when I was seven.My friend Dempcy would always dare me to jump the high dive on a big diving board I looked at him and said later but he teased me and called me chicken and I didn't alow that so I went up to the highdive I climed up trembeling trying to hide my fear.But I couldn't do it.I got ready to jump and made sure my parents were not looking and I did a front flip and went in the water.After a few seconds I wanted to drown but I swam up and made it back to the concreec.I told m parents everything because I knew that was the right thing to do but Dembcy got the blame to.And I was gronded the next week.So I knew how to jump off the highdive and make it back to the cocreec alive.Thank god for that.But ai got grounded at the same time.





    From,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Mrs.S,
    I have made poor choices and I regret doing it. When I was 8 or 9 I did something my mom told me not to do. I went to the store with my 14 and 10 year old cousins. My mom said don't go or you will be in trouble. But what my mom didn't know that we where going with my aunt Kerry. My cousins mom. She said no but i went my mom was super mad at me when i went she was like you are grounded fro a week. So,that meant that I coulded go the my friends house. when I was ungrounded My mom had a talk with me and said that I needed to tell her every thing like who was going with us or who I was going with before I left the house. This is my story on my poor choices.
    Love,
    Auzurai

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Mrs.S,
    Here's a story about the time I made a good decision. I was tried of getting trouble every night and tonight I thought maybe I would take some of my parnets stuss. I anored my brother and sister all night.I could not sleep. The next day my parents bought me candy for going right to sleep. That's a story bout the time I a good decision.
    Your friend,
    Cheyene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Mrs.Springston,
    I have made a decision that was hard for me.When I was in 2nd grade we did a really hard test,well I thought it was kinda hard and I didn't know a answer to a question to a problem and you know what I did. I look at the person's answer to that question and I wrote the same answer to that question.The next day when we got are results from the test and I got all the answers right and I didn't feel good about it.I told the teacher about it and she made me take the test over again and I didn't care.I felt better about it and I didn't fell as guilty anymore.That when one time a decision that was hard for me.I also learned to never cheat.

    From,
    Mariah

    ReplyDelete