Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chapter 5-6 Questions

Hi Readers,

Here are a few comprehension questions for you to answer:

1) Why do you think Joel says they are looking for Tony and not a body?

2)  How does Joel feel about reporting the drowning incident to the police?

3)  What does Joel imagine Mr. Zabrinsky doing when he discovers what has happened?

Be sure to work part of the question into your well thought-out answer!

Thanks,
Mrs. Springston

8 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. S,

    I think that the reason that Joel said that they are looking for Tony and not a body is because Tony is a person and just a plain old body is not. Then, Joel probably doesn't feel right about reporting the incident to he police because he doesn't want them to think that he did it. I wonder what will happen. Will Joel tell Tony's parents? And maybe the Zabransky's will hurt Joel because they might think Joel killed Tony. It might be true but I still question.

    Your friend,
    Xavier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs.Springston,
    I think Joel says that he looking for Tony instead of a body because Tony is not just person he's his best friend.I think that Joel maybe doesn't feel right about reporting the incident to he police because maybe the police may think that Joel did it.Joel imagines Mr.Zabrainsky opening the door with a belt in his hands.

    From,
    Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs.Springsston,
    I think Joel said were looking for Tony not a body because he knows he's not going to find Tony dead.Joel must feel really scared and nervous to tell the police about what happened to Tony.Joel Imagines Mr.Zabrinsky holding a heavy and leather belt in his hand.I think that Tony will come to his house and Mr.Zabrinsky is just putting on his belt and won't hit Joel.
    Your friend,
    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Xavier,
    That's a great question you wonder.I kinda wonder the same thing though.That might be kinda scary if Mr.Z did do that to Joel.

    From,
    Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mrs.S,
    Heres the my answers to your questions.I think why Joel said Tony and not a body because it's his friend not a body.Joel feels sarced about reporting it to the police.He already knows what they are going to ask.Joel imagines Mr.Zabrinsky doing is he would be holding a lether belt at the door.Those are my answers.
    Your friend,
    Cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mrs.S,
    I wonder why Joel does not want to tell the police that his friend drowned. Would he tell the police? Or would he act like nothing happened to his friend? I wonder why the teenagers left him on his own. Why would they do that? Leaving a kid alone when his friend just drowned. Would Tony still be alive or would he be dead? I wonder!!

    Your friend,
    Madison

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1)Why do you think Joel says they are looking for Tony and not a body?
    I think that he says that because Tony is not just a preson he is Joels best friend.
    2) How does Joel feel about reporting the drowning incident to the police?
    I think that he feels scared because he wants to find him before getting the police involed.
    3) What does Joel imagine Mr. Zabrinsky doing when he discovers what has happened? Joel thinks that Mr.Zabrinsky will come to the door with the belt. These are my Chapter 5and6 questions.
    Love, Auzurai

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mrs.Springston,

    I think they say they are looking for Tony because Joel still thinks he's alive.
    Joe feels guilty and good because he went into the river ad he feels good because he telling someone.
    Joel imagines that Mr.Zabrinskys hitting him with a belt for it because it said that in the book when he was riding his bike.



    From,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete