Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chapter 2 of "Shiloh"

Dear Readers,

Here is your question to ponder for today and to respond to with your best thinking.  It has two parts.

Marty gives specific reasons why he doesn't like Judd Travers.  What do his reasons tell you about Marty's values?  What do you value most in the people you like and admire?

I'm looking forward to reading your great responses!

Thanks,
Mrs. Springston

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs. Springston,
    I think Marty thinkes that Judd Travers is a theif and a liar.I think that Marty thinks he is a very bad person. He onely cares for his self and money and dead animals.he does nothing for anyone else and he hunts when he is not soposed to.
    So these are the things that I think that Marty thinks about Judd travers.



    From
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs.S,
    Here are some values why Marty doesn't like people.
    Well one reason why Marty doesn't like his dad is cause his dad would not let Marty keep the dog. Next why he doesn't like Judd Travers is because of the way he spits tobaco out the side of his mouth. Last because Judd said that if his dog ran away again he would beat the living day light out of the dog. As you can see these are some things that I know about Marty from Shiloh.
    Love,
    Auzurai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mrs.Springston,

    Marty does not like Judd Travers and here are some reasons why he does not like Judd Travers.First he cheats the casher.Second Marty does not like Judd Travers because he spits tobacco at his foot.Third he's always in Marty's way.Those are some reasons why he does not like Judd Travers.
    Your friend,
    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mrs.S,
    What I think Marty's values is he does not like a person that will try to talk and cheat by saying I gave you a 20 and Mr.Wallce gives them a 10.A nother thing that I think Marty's vaues are he does not like people that kill animals for fun or out of the season and hits dogs.
    Last thing that Marty vaules is he does not like people trying to folow him every where he goes.My values are I like it when people help out.Another thing that I value in a person is when people are trying to be on there best behavoir.My last value is I like when some one trys there best on a test.
    Your friend,
    Cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Ms.S,
    Here are some values about Marty why he does not like people. First, he does not like Judd Travers because he spits tobacco out of the side of his mouth. Another reason why he does not like Judd because he will give Shiloh a good BEATING if he runs away again.


    Your friend,
    Madison

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cheyenne,

    Thank you for sharing your values, as well. I also think effort and respect are wonderful values for a person to have. You are a great student and I know that you have a great heart!

    Nice work,
    Mrs. Springston

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Mrs.Springston,
    I think Marty thinks that Judd Travers is a theif and a liar.I know that Marty does not like Judd because,He only cares for his self and money and dead animals.He does nothing for anyone else and he hunts when animals not in season.
    These are things I know so far why Marty does not like Judd Travers.


    Love,
    Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mrs. S,

    In “Shiloh”, Marty tells some reasons about why he doesn't like Judd. Here they are.
    1)Marty doesn't like people who don't give the cashier the right amount of money.
    2)Marty also doesn't like people spiting as close to him as possible.
    3)He and Judd also doesn't use proper grammar when he talks.
    4)Marty lastly doesn't lick Judd kicking his dogs around.

    Now this is my answer for the second question. What I'd admire in people and what values I like to see are the matters that my friends don't lie and/or shouldn't lie. I also like to see that people don't bully people. The last value I like in people is that their kind and caring.

    Your reader,
    Xavier

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Mrs.Springston,

    Marty does not like Judd Travers and here are some reasons why he does not like Judd Travers.First he cheats the casher.Second Marty does not like Judd Travers because he spits tobacco at his foot.Third he's always in Marty's way.Those are some reasons why he does not like Judd Travers.I admire and would be friends with people that are nice, that I can trust, hard working.

    Your friend,
    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Mrs.S,
    Here are some values why Marty doesn't like people.
    Well one reason why Marty doesn't like his dad is cause his dad would not let Marty keep the dog. Next why he doesn't like Judd Travers is because of the way he spits tobacco out the side of his mouth. Last because Judd said that if his dog ran away again he would beat the living day light out of the dog. Another thing that marty doesn't like about people is when people follow him. I have vaules. Some of my values are that I like to be be helpful to my teacher and outher class mates. Next,another value is that I like to have nice friends and to have my friends be honest with me and for them to care about me and I will care about them too. Last, My last value is that I want my friend not to talk about other people behind there back.
    As you can see these are Marty's value from Shiloh. And here are mine
    Love,
    Auzurai

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Ms.S,
    Here are some values about Marty why he does not like people. First, he does not like Judd Travers because he spits tobaccos out of the side of his mouth. Another reason why he does not like Judd because he will give Shiloh a good BEATING if he runs away again. I like people that are nice and do not kick animals that run away. I also like people who are nice to living things.


    Your friend,
    Madison

    ReplyDelete